- value1 – An item, cell reference, or range.
- value2 – [optional] An item, cell reference, or range.
The COUNT function counts the number of numbers in supplied values. Values can be items, cell references, or ranges. For example, =COUNT(1, 2, “apple”) returns 2. And COUNT(A1:A10) will count the number of numeric values in the range A1:A10.
Count can handle up to 255 additional values.
Use COUNTA to include text and logical values. Use COUNTIF to count based on criteria.
- Error values or text values that cannot be coerced into numbers are not counted
- The logical values TRUE and FALSE are not counted.
- Empty cells and text are not counted.