Get the location of text in a string
A number representing the location of find_text.
=FIND (find_text, within_text, [start_num])
- find_text – The text to find.
- within_text – The text to search within.
- start_num – [optional] The starting position in the text to search. Optional, defaults to 1.
Use the FIND function to get the location of one text string inside another.
- The FIND function will return the location of the first instance of find_text in within_text.
- The location is returned as the number of characters from the start of within_text.
- Start_num is optional and defaults to 1.
- FIND will return #VALUE if find_text is not found in within_text .
- FIND is case-sensitive and does not support wildcards.
- Use the to search without case-sensitivity and/or to use wildcards.