- start_date – The start date.
- end_date – The end date.
- weekend – [optional] Setting for which days of the week should be considered weekends.
- holidays – [optional] A reference to dates that should be considered non-work days.
NETWORKDAYS.INTL calculates work days between two dates. Work days exclude weekends (Saturday and Sunday by default) and can optionally exclude holidays. This function is more robust that the NETWORKDAYS function, because it allows you to control which days of the week are considered weekends. The weekend argument is set using the codes listed in the table below.
NETWORKDAYS.INTL can also optionally take into account holidays. For the holidays argument, supply a range that contains holiday dates. These are also treated as non-working days and will not be included in the result.
In the example shown, the following formulas are used:
|Weekend number||Weekend days|
|1 (default)||Saturday, Sunday|
- If start_date is greater than end_date, the the function returns a negative value.
- If start_date or end_date are out of range, NETWORKDAYS.INTL returns the #NUM! error.
- If weekend is invalid, NETWORKDAYS.INTL returns the #VALUE! error.