The Excel TRIM function strips extra spaces from text, leaving only a single space between words and no space characters at the start or end of the text.
Remove extra spaces from text
Text with extra spaces removed.
- text – The text from which to remove extra space.
- TRIM strips extra spaces from text, leaving only single spaces between words and no space characters at the start or end of the text.
- TRIM is useful when cleaning up text that has come from other applications or environments.
- TRIM only removes the ASCII space character (32) from text.
- Unicode text often contains a non-breaking space character (160) that appears in web pages as the HTML entity.